Full Stack Software Developer
Published date: 06 January, 2019
Closing date: 20 January 2019
Open Data Kosovo is a civic-tech organization that uses technology to contribute towards good governance, transparency, and accountability. We contribute to the development of a local and vibrant tech scene through youth engagement with new and enabling technologies to problem-solve social issues. Open Data Kosovo has partnered with great local and international organizations such as Amnesty International, US State Department, UNDP, The Engine Room to produce exciting and impacting products. We are currently seeking a Full-Stack Software Developer to join our vibrant team.
The Full-Stack Software Developer responsibilities:
- Being fully focused on and responsible to offer technical support to these youths
- Ensuring overall quality of developed end-products
- Execution of full lifecycle software development
- Designing, developing and deploying the project in an efficient way in the time frame planned for the project
- Working on understanding the client needs, in this case the specific technical needs of the project deliverables
- Working in technical issues, development tools or other technical needs
- Occasionally there may be a need for assistance in the meetings where technical specifications and requests will be discussed.
The ideal candidate should be skilled in or familiar with:
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- API Creation and RESTful services
- MEAN stack developing tools ( MongoDB, ExpressJs, Angular 5/6, NodeJS)
- Python (Flask)
- Operating System: Unix-like system such as Ubuntu or MacOS
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- Version control with GitHub
- Work experience in software development
- Leadership / Outspoken / Outgoing
- Communication, both verbal and writing skills in both Albanian and English.
Good to have:
- Experienced in data visualisations
- Experienced in data analysis
- Experience on providing expert mentorship to youths developing digital platforms within the organization projects
Please make all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a Cover Letter.
Deadline for application is 20 January 2019